VFD control with a 4~20ma signal

Rob735

Hey Guys, I am looking for some suggestions on controlling a VFD with a 4~20ma signal from a ML1400 with a spectrum 1762sc-0f8 expansion card.

I have been trying to us a PID control but am not happy with how wrappedly the output moves.

Also I am not sure how I am going to program my ramp up time as it is required to start and runn at minimum speed for 16 minutes before it will then begin to let the VFD work its magic.

Any suggestions on how to hold it at it's minimum?

Rob

Use a move statement to load a register with the min speed, and a timer initiated by the start command. When the timer times out open a NC contact to disable the move, and use a NO command to enable the rungs or subroutine for the variable speed control.

Similar Topics

Hello, I’m new to this forum and if I’m posting incorrectly let me know. I’ve been having an issue I can’t seem to figure out. I’m sure it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a system at a water treatment plant where large raw water tanks feed into the plant that's all on the same level. At high tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I was asked to turn up the speed on a VFD to allow a carriage to move a little bit faster and avoid getting stuck. Im not sure the exact...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have yet another thread about PID's coming your way. Any PLC5 users in the house? I'm currently writing a program and have...
Replies
Views
I am controlling a very tight window in a 8 foot sump. My low level to keep from cavitating the pump is 44” and my high level is 55”. The problem...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom