Studio 5000 Find instruction help! Not working??

lunenburger

I am using Studio 5000 Version 30 and Compactlogix.

I have a recipe created in a UDT structure, with a string value called name.
There are 50 Recipes in the RecipeList array
I want to take a string value called "ScannedRecipe" and have the PLC go down the list of 50 Recipes and find the name that matches, and load the recipe number into the CurrentRecipe list (see pic 1)

I am trying to use the find instruction, and there are no errors but it is also not working. (see pic 2)

I feel that i may need to use a wildcard or something instead of the zero in the search tag (RecipeList[0].Name but nothings working.

If anyone knows a better way i am open to other options.....

Thanks in advance

pic 1.png pic 2.png

Got it working with the FSC instruction. (see pic)
Have to unlatch the .IN and .FD bits of the RecipeSearch control word in the next rung....

res.png

Before COP instruction, for FIND instruction you need to analyze that Result is >0 because it passes power all the time, found or not.
For FSC, you need to check for .FD bit

In the Not Found Branch I would also add a XIC FSC.DN Bit. That way you know the search has completed and Not Found.

You should try to go back to FIND instruction.
FSC is probably overkill for this simple task.
But if you want to scan through an array then FSC is the way to go

Last edited: