Writing out to Universal Robot dashboard socket 29999 through TCP/IP from AB Complogi

Nortech

Hi All,
Has anyone written commands to a Universal robot dashboard through TCP/IP socket from an Allen Bradley Compact logix PLC?

I'm using the Modbus TCP Master Sample Application example from the rockwell website and seem to be getting connected momentarily before the connection is dropped.

Has anybody got any experience with this?

Thanks

Hi Contr_Conn,
No. I didn't but following through the Rockwell sample code, I can see that the PLC closes the connection due to no response from the robot despite the Initial MSG blocks seemingly creating and connecting to the socket successfully. Have you done this before?
Thanks

Before you dig into the working code you should see what is on the wire.
Then it will give you a direction.
You may need to replace your slave device with some Modbus simulator and get it working this way.
There is also Quick Start technote that has exact example.

I am not sure how to do this.

I can communicate with the robot socket from my PC using SocketTest v 3.0.0

How do I check whats on the wire?

Thanks