Rockwell 1784-U2DHP device driver

LStewart

I am having difficulty finding the driver for the 1784-U2DHP. When I search for the driver there are two links that end up not being the driver. One is just a text file and the other is Control Flash which updates firmware. Also, I am using Linx Prof ver. 2.43. I found a post earlier about having an earlier version, but saw a post from Mickey concerning this. Does anyone have a link for this driver?
Thank you

Knowledgebase article 63856, which is available to everyone, has the procedure for installing the adapter's driver. It seems to be available on the internet for the Windows installation to find. Otherwise the instructions point out where the driver should be on your hard drive.

Otherwise the manual has these instructions regarding the driver:

1. Visit http://www.rockwellautomation.com/support/pccards.
2. Click the 1784_u2dhp.inf file.
3. Save the file to a directory on the computer on which you want to install
the cable.

Though the files at that location seem to be zip files presumably containing the .inf file.

Last edited:
this makes the world a better place...LOL
Question

Is the 1784-U2DHP driver Windows 7 compatible?
Answer

The 1784-U2DHP driver is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7. You need to make sure you first install RSLinx Classic 2.57 and then connect the adapter to configure the driver for it.
For a 64 bit OS, RSLinx Classic 2.58 or higher is needed