GMWIN for LG PLCs

Angel Lopez

I need to talk to someone with experience on GMWIN software for LG GLOFA-GM PLCs. I'd like to know how to upload the execution program stored in a GM7 PLC via RS232C interface. When I first tried to get it thru the GMWIN Menu option: Project/Open fron PLC.., I only got the message "No file to upload". Please send your comments to my email.

I assume this is a new plc, from the HELP FILES in GMWIN which I downloaded

From the GMWIN help files:
It saves a compressed project file and source file to RAM(program area) or flash memory of PLC,

and uploads a program from PLC.

Try Write to PLC(Download)
Select the Upload program when writing a program to PLC.
¡ß Select the Online-Write in menu.
¡ß Select the Parameter and Program, Upload Program in the Write dialog box.

According to the program size, it runs as below.

Program Size The place to save upload program
Size of (Execution Program + Upload Program) < Size of Program RAM It writes to RAM in CPU
Size of Program RAM < Size of (Execution Program + Upload Program) If device has flash memory, it writes to flash memory after query to user

Another PLC with free software...but I dont like Carlo Gavazzi and this is a division or partnership of theirs.