Siemens S7 225 PLC Internet Module

ltrail

I own a Siemens S7 225 PLC and its internet module. The internet module did not come equipped to handle the TCIP protocol. Does anyone know of a 3rd Party internet module that would be adaptable to the S7 225? Maybe I must purchase a used S7 higher series or more modern one. Thank You.

I own a Siemens S7 225 PLC and its internet module. The internet module did not come equipped to handle the TCIP protocol. Does anyone know of a 3rd Party internet module that would be adaptable to the S7 225? Maybe I must purchase a used S7 higher series or more modern one. Thank You.

Hello Itrail;
The information you provide poses more questions than your post.

First, there is no CPU 225 in the S7-200 family. There was a CPU 215, but this model was discontinued over 5 years ago. Please provide the full part number of the model you are working with.

Second, where do you find the the CP 243-1 IT does not support TCP/IP?
Here is some information on this communication module from the S7-200 System manual:
Functions
The (CP 243--1 IT) Internet module offers the following functions:
- S7 Communication is based on TCP/IP
- IT communication
- Configuration
- Watchdog timer
- Ability of preset MAC addresses (48--bit value) to be addressed

Please provide more information on your problems.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Siemens S7 224 PLC

I apologize for mis-typing the PLC model. It should have been identified as S7 224. I've owned the unit since at least 2003. The communication module is just as old. My CP 243-IT manual describes only SMTP, FTP, AND HTTP; not TCIP. TCIP had just become the new protocol when I purchased the PLC and Siemens said that they doubted they would reconfigure the 200 series to include TCIP. Before my internet provider changed over to TCIP, I was actually able to modify and visit the remote location that housed the PLC via internet. But then my internet provider switched over to TCIP and left me stranded. I became frustrated and set the plc aside for these many years and made other house improvements at the remote location, instead. Since the newer CP-243-1 IT now have the TCIP protocol, I'll pursue it. Thanks.

Hello itrail;
I feel there might be compatibility issues between your "old" CPU and a new CP 243-1 IT module. The one in use now (6GK7243-1EX01-0XE0) was released in 2008; see the following link to the product page:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/39955018

For information on your particular CPU model, use the same product page navigation to locate the roight part number. For example, if you had a model:
6ES7214-1AD21-0XB0, CPU 224, DC PS, 14DI DC/10DO DC
then this is the page you would have looked for:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/4067238
You would see that this model is now discontinued, so it,s capoacity for accepting newer CPs would be doubtful.
Use the "Display product List" link on the top of the product page to locate your model of CPU.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I'll be looking for a Compatible S7 200 PLC

I will have to investigate this further next time that I'm at our remote location. Maybe I can find a used S7 of proper vintage to match the more modern CP 243-1 IT. Thank you for the info.