Sharing one webpage with multiple S7-1200 CPUs

tmummert

I currently have three S7-1214C CPU's running multiple lines of presses. Our company is trying to avoid using any HMI's, to display information generated by the tags on the CPU. The webpage is very good for this application, but it would be great to get all three CPU's to display their respective data on one webpage.
So far, I have struggled to find any information on sharing tags directly to the webpage so I'm thinking I will need to share the necessary tags with whichever of the three CPU's I choose to host the webpage from. If this is the only way to do it, I'm not sure of the best method to share the tags. Thank you in advance.

I have used the webpage functionality in the S7-1200 quite a bit and I don't think there's going to be a way to do this without having your host PLC talk gather the data from the other PLCs and create a concatenated list of all the data.

This is because the webserver that returns real-time data processes the tag names at the time of the web request. There's no way that I know of that would let you interface with multiple PLCs.

If all 3 devices have the same interface, you may be better off creating a user data type (UDT) of what you want to display, and make a DB of 3 of those and have each PLC populate that. Then the master PLC could get it with a GET block or maybe via Modbus (I've never done inter-PLC comms like this).

EDIT: Reading what you're doing, I think your best bet is investing in an OPC server or application service using Modbus to read the data and aggregate the information. What happens if the master PLC goes down? I've used Kepserver, Wonderware, as well as free Modbus libraries like s7.net with great success.

Last edited:
Hello,

PeakHMI can access all the PLCs and display the tag data in pre-built web pages. There are also other options with the software.