certification/Audit on an Automated Product Rack System.

IdealDan

Hi Guys,
I have to carry out certification/Audit on an Automated Product Rack System.
Has anyone here done this before?
WHAT ARE THE THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR(Checklist)?

I will appreciate

Please explain what you are trying to accomplish?
certification / audit - I get that.

for example.
take a production line.
it has a plc, remote io, scada, hmi terminals, vfd's, and plc programming software.

1. document the plc, local racks, remote racks and include all I/o modules and power supplies? this would be a stretch.
2. document the scada terminals, pc type/model - proof of ownership - po's
operating system ownership - po's
what additional software has been installed that did not come with the pc?
free ware in a business is a no no.
3. scada software, development / runtime - proof of ownership for each package.
4. document the hmi terminals.
programming software - proof of ownership - po's
5. vfd's - document them.
software proof of ownership - po's
6. plc programming software - document each copy that can connect to the plc. proof of ownership for each copy - po's
7. support contracts - po's

you may not have to document the plc components, vfd's, hmi terminals,
BUT, the software must be documented in detail.
I know of some companies that have found a way to use the software license on multiple pc's. That is what the certification is trying to discover, what is company owned and where are you in trouble.

if the software came with the machine, is the software spelled out in the contract?
if the company gave you the programming software, did the license get transferred to your company? if not, get it transferred.

at lease that's what we are doing here.
the components we do not document, but the software is a biggie.

hope this helps.
james

Last edited: