Setting up ATV630 on Quantum 65150

buffalonymann

Several days and no closer - Been on the phone with Schneider support and they gave me some useful info. I'm attempting to control an ATV630C drive via Ethernet from my Quantum65150. I use NOE with 10.180.31.xxx to communicate with server; using quantum plc with 192.168.1.xxx I/O scanner to communicate with ATV630 192.168.1.xxx

My DTM browser is blank, however noticed on most videos people are using DTM browser.

How do I get drive and PLC communicating?

I know nothing about the Quantum65150, but I have several Schneider ATV630 process drives communication with my Allen Bradley Micro820 Plc's. I use Modbus TCP, very simple and works very well.

If your trying to communicate with this protocol I can give you some special Schneider documents that explain the drive configuration that is needed to use this protocol fully.

Just let me know, I will dig them out.

My first question regards the hardware. I see (2) ports one is marked Ethernet and the other is marked Modbus VP12S. When I view the drive in SoMove, it shows it is equipped with Modbus SL and Modbus TCP. Do I have embedded EthernetIP or Modbus TCP

The +1 addressing protocol.

When you want to address (Read or Write) let's say address 3202(Motor Freq) you would program 3203 as the address to read. If you wanted to read Motor Voltage from address 3208 you would program it to read 3209 (+1)

I have converted the excel to pdf, make sure you can read it and let me know.