Remote screen control

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking to change screen on a pv+1000 from SLC
I have added tags to the following
Replace Display Number (F197:75)
Remote Display Number (F197:70)
Close an On Top Display (F197:72)
I would like to change to a screen on an event and hold it until the supervisor releases it. I was thinking I send screen number to F197:70 and have a numeric key pad entry button on it so supervisor could enter PIN number that would fire a rung to put the zero back in F197:70. I could then also have a screen selector button on that screen which should be active once the zero is set in F197:70

Do I need the Close on to Display?
Anyone have a better Idea I need to put in a screen that tells crew they won a gift certificate if they break a production goal!
Thanks

I don't think you should be using an F file address for your PLC controlled screen number... use an N file address.

Thanks, I had addressed it in my program and then inadvertently made it an f file in the Factory talk since I use cut and paste on the tags.. I am not getting any errors now and I can see the screen number I am on in the N register associated with it. Hopefully everything else will work to