PLC 5 password

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was trying to open a password protected program (that I had worked on at a former employer) but had forgotten the password.

It turns out, that I was able to open the .RSP file in Notepad and saw the password at the very end of the file.

-Just thought this info could help someone.

Does this trick work for other versions and maybe the SLC?

AB Micrologic Locked

I have a customer with a Microloxic PLC that
is password protected. The original supplier
doesn't want to help as the staff have left.
Anybody know the BACKDOOR password for Micrologic.
Thanks...........John Gaunt

1761 L32 BWA MicroLogix 1000 Password

I also have a Micro 1000 that I'm trying to break the password. I don't have the original offline file though.

If I start a new file in RS500, I do see the password in Notepad when I open the file. However, when I go to download the file to the CPU, it asks for another 'password' or a 'Master Password'. I tried the above mentioned methods with no luck.

Am I reading the above threads right? I'm entering 8 *'s in the password field. I've also tried other combo's like 8 eights, 10 8's, etc.

There must be a back door in. Any other suggestions.

Thanks for the help,

CTG

Correction: I was able to reset the password in the Micro 1000 by opening RS500 and trying to go online directly and entering the appropriate password as seen on the AB Knowledge Base.

Thanks for the help.

CTG

Just thought I'd clarify something for you.....

The forum doesn't allow password bypasses, copy protection bypasses, and other such things to be posted in the forum. The original poster didn't put in eight astericks..... The posts all most likely originally showed the actual password, and posts were edited to remove the information.

yeah,,i noticed when i put my atm PIN up it was all asterisked out as well,,i guess its for my safety!!

Fred Raud

ps,,its ****,,dont take all my money,,LOL

just to clear up a possible misconception ...

Greetings CONTROLTESTGUY,

you said:
I was able to reset the password in the Micro 1000

my question is this:

did you actually-really-and-truly "reset" just the password - and preserve the existing program? ...

or did you (more likely) clear out the old program AND the password by resetting the whole MicroLogix back to its "factory-fresh-off-the-shelf-unprogrammed-nothing-at-all-in-it" condition? ...

the consensus of opinion is that there is NO WAY to “clear/reset/work-around/backdoor/defeat/cheat” just the password on a MicroLogix while preserving the existing program at the same time ...

specifically, if someone has put a password on a MicroLogix and you don't know the password, then all that you can do is (a) throw the thing away and start over from scratch ... or (b) clear out the password AND the existing program all at the same time ...

the information contained in this Allen-Bradley technote is NOT considered “secret information” ... it is publicly available on Allen-Bradley’s Knowledgebase site ... BUT ... when and if you use it, it will always clear the entire contents of the MicroLogix (existing program and all) - and not just “reset” the password ...

or at least that’s the way that I understand the story ...

Ron Beaufort said:
Greetings CONTROLTESTGUY,

you said:

my question is this:

did you actually-really-and-truly "reset" just the password - and preserve the existing program? ...

or did you (more likely) clear out the old program AND the password by resetting the whole MicroLogix back to its "factory-fresh-off-the-shelf-unprogrammed-nothing-at-all-in-it" condition? ...

the consensus of opinion is that there is NO WAY to “clear/reset/work-around/backdoor/defeat/cheat” just the password on a MicroLogix while preserving the existing program at the same time ...

specifically, if someone has put a password on a MicroLogix and you don't know the password, then all that you can do is (a) throw the thing away and start over from scratch ... or (b) clear out the password AND the existing program all at the same time ...

the information contained in this Allen-Bradley technote is NOT considered “secret information” ... it is publicly available on Allen-Bradley’s Knowledgebase site ... BUT ... when and if you use it, it will always clear the entire contents of the MicroLogix (existing program and all) - and not just “reset” the password ...

or at least that’s the way that I understand the story ...

so you are saying ( edited by phil....:mad: again ) doesnt work?

Logic tells me there MUST be a backdoor. Nobody is so stupid to design something he cant controll in any circumstance unless it is encryption of data for secretnis.

It could also be said that nobody is so stupid as to use a password if one isn't necessary (or forget it after they have used it) .

Alfred , there are many things that are just plain stupid , but the facility to password protect a processor against possible fiddling by a load of numbnutz just isn't one of them .
There are backdoors in to a few processors , but you may have gathered that you won't get them here !