Codesys / Wago 750-881 login

vset

I am using Codesys and have an offline copy of the PLC program. I am trying to login to a Wago 750-881 that supposedly has the same program loaded in it. This is a functional PLC and since I am not the original program developer I do not want to take a risk of downloading to it just in case there is a difference in the online and offline versions. The source was not downloaded to the Wago so I cannot retrieve that.

When I go to login, Codesys initially compiles the program and then gives me a warning saying the program has changed and asks if I want to download the new program. If I click on details the filename for the project in the workspace is the same as what is in the PLC. However, the change date is different because the date for the project in the workspace is today’s date as Codesys just recompiled it without my asking it to.

What prompts Codesys to want to recompile prior to letting me login? Could it be that the original program was deployed using a different version of Codesys and if so is there a way to find out what version may have been used?

Is there a way to prevent Codesys from recompiling and just using what is there on the PC as is to login to the Wago? Or is there another way for me to go online without downloading the program to the Wago?

Thanks.

It is recompiling because the hexfile is missing, the date is changed or the file is different from what is stored inside the PLC. Or another version of any library or program.
This is typical a problem of version control, so i can not give you any good advice what to do here.
and yes you can select do not download and proceed.
You will see the normal screens and you can work in the files, however you are never sure it is the correct program.