Need help with Testing an Application using FT View Studio V6.10

kandymann

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys​

Software:
FT View Studio
FT View ME Station

Mark and rdcast have helped me in a big way with setting up communications using RSLinx E. I figured out my previous setback with their help! Thanks guys

I am new to HMI programming so once I got my communications configured correctly, I began testing applications and playing so to speak. I am working hard to learn this type of programming.

I am now working on a real life project and I am testing it. I am getting an error message when I test the application...

"Failed to load Tag Runtime Server"

I have been testing the same application over and over using FT View ME Station and now this pop up appears and I am unable to load the ME Station on my PC. It worked over and over again but after a few modifications to some displays, the ME Station will not load.

I assumed I needed to check out Communications Setup and I looked at the Runtime (Target) and made sure my Shortcuts: proccessor and tags were applied to both Desgin and Runtime.

I really dont know where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kandy

Start with a hard reboot of the computer.

Other Forum members will be along shortly to provide detailed opinions on the reliability of the FactoryTalk engine. :)

Ha

Well Mr. Roach

I rebooted my PC and when I opened FT View Studio I noticed a message at the bottom of the screen saying that my software was not vaildated and I was operating under a grace period. I went to my FT View Activation Manager and resubmitted my serial number, etc.

and walhaaa

It works now.

I have no idea why I had to reactivate my software like that. Weird. But hey, now I can get back to playing.

Thanks Ken

Is this on a laptop? If so I had an issue with this and it was because my activation was tied to the MAC address of the network card and not the hard drive serial number. I think it had to do with the network card in power saver mode while it was unplugged. If I turned it on unplugged it would go into a grace period.