RSLinx Lite and Windows 7

the_msp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Are there any versions of RSlinx lite that will run on windows 7 pro 64 bit? Been trying for hours here to get it setup. Downloaded VMware but it won't run either!

OK, whenever I try and run linx or VMware I get the following error:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

Any ideas?

VMWare and RSLinx Classic are very different software products, so if they both fail to run you've got a more significant and basic problem with your Windows 7 installation.

I'm running RSLinx Classic 2.59 and VMWare Workstation 7.1 on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit machine (a Dell Precision M4500) so I know for certain those versions are compatible.

Ken Roach said:
I'm running RSLinx Classic 2.59 and VMWare Workstation 7.1 on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit machine

Ditto to that. Except my laptop is a HP.

Operaghost Dec 30th 2011 said:
No problems here. I am currently using Win 7 Pro 64-bit with RSLinx v2.59 configuring my USB/RS232 converter. But then I have no idea what version of anything you are using. I'm also wondering if you have a real serial port or a USB/RS232 converter. If only there was a way for us to know these things.

.......was that subtle enough? :)

OG

Your consistent if nothing else Opera!:mad:

It's RS linx classic 2.57.00 CPR 9 SR 3 downloaded from here: http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

Can't even get in uninstalled. Is there anywhere I can download and try version 2.59?

I have the same free RSlinx lite 2.57 installed on my win7 PC at home that I have never had any issues with.

If you want to try a newer version though, you will need a tech-connect contract, a valid serial # for a RSLogix product, and your company name, and you can download any version of RSlinx that you can want from the "Software Downloads" section of the RA website.

HTH

Cheers,
Dustin

RSLinx is actually a free download for anyone. You have to register at the RA site, but no Tech Connect is required to register.
Pretty much everything else requires a Tech Connect contract. RSLinx is an exception though. Unless something changed that I am unaware of.

https://download.rockwellautomation.com/webupdates/enter.aspx

And version 3.60 is the latest and greatest (as of today anyways)

OG

Last edited: