Studio 5k Recipe UDT import/export CSV

robw53

Hi,

Im wanting to know if its possible to export a recipe UDT into excel to allow manipulation of the recipe, and then to be able to import it back into studio 5k.

The file will be handed over to some other department who will make the changes and then hand back to me. In effect this needs to be an offline way to achieve this.

Im open to any solution, be it free or chargeable software.

Rob

Surely you don't want to modify the actual UDT structure correct? I assume recipe values that align with the UDT?

Use Excel and VBA. The RSLinx manual has VBA examples of how to read/write to a PLC. Create an excel document that matches the UDT structure, add VBA scripting to loop through the cells that contain the recipe values to send them to the PLC.

Hi,

Yes you are correct, just the recipe values.

The UDT has around 40 different recipe parameters, and has a dim of 101. Would this method mean I would need to create an excel sheet and manually enter the tags names for all 40 parameters 101 times? Or can the tag names etc be brought across along with the parameter values?

And before I forget, thanks for the shove in the right direction

Rob