ABB VFD Drawings

GregPLC

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a good holiday season. I'm looking for CAD drawings for ABB ACS500-01 VFD's. I've looked on the www.abb-drives.com, thomasregister.com, and google.com. I did find one site that had an external drawing, but I'm really looking for schematic and vfd terminal drawings. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I have a call into my ABB rep., he may be able to get something to me by next week. If all else fails, I can download the instruction manual and cut/paste them into CAD. Just thought there might be some made already somewhere.

TIA,

Greg

Last edited:
Greg, as an ABB rep, I have an extensive archive of drive Instruction Manuals in my computer. Most are PDF files. If I can help you, I will.

Your post mentions ACS500 which is an old drive going out of production around 1995. Is this the one you mean or are you referring to the recently released ACS550 series?

You man email me direct if you wish. [email protected]

Hi Dick! Yes, that was a typo in my previous post. It is a ACS-550 drive. We've talked in the past.....I'm over in Milwaukee, if I remember correctly you're in MI? At any rate I've been using exclusively the ACS-550 line and ACS-800 line of drive for the past year and a half now. Love them. Did you make it over here to the low voltage trade show that ABB had in Milwaukee last month? I went, it was descent. Anyway, my email is [email protected], drop me a note. If you have drawings in PDF format for the 550 and 800 drives, that would be wonderful.

TIA,

Greg

The manuals have dimension drawings like this that you should be able to incorporate into CAD. This is from the ACS550 manual.
acs550.jpg

This is from the ACS800.
http://www.abbdrives.com/StdDrives/...ocumentation/files/products/ACS800-01hw-B.pdf

ACS880.jpg

Last edited:
Mike, both would be nice.....I have some basic ones I drew up myself, just would be nice to have some better looking ones. I figured if they are already made, I wouldn't have to spend the time myself.

Greg

I usually show a drive in a schematic as a simple 'box' with the appropriate terminals and the make/model/kw information.

I agree that detailed pictures look nice but they usually increase the AutoCad file size by a sizeable overhead.

Cheers