Mitsubishi FX3U-16M GX Developer IEC

RheinhardtP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi Gents,

I currently have the FX3U-16M and the Melsoft GX Developer software. I have a couple of questions?

1.Can one do function block and sub-routines in the PLC with this software?

2. Can GX Developer IEC be used?

3. Will the PLC be able to handle sub routines?

I intend also having a TCP/IP connection to a PC and two RS232 devices. There is alot of data handling and sub routines would be a requirement.

Any advice or inset will help!!

Rheinhardt

GX Developer
When you create a new program - the FB option is greyed out during CPU selection, so it doesn't look like its available.

Subroutines -You can break the ladder up using Program pointers P0 P1 etc but it will still be one long 'Main' ladder.

IEC Developer
Is more flexible and you can define POU's (program Organisation units)to structure your code properly, you also have FB's available to you.

Regards

Thank you

Thank you STL ,

I have looked at both versions and the IEC structured approach is definitely the one that i will take.

Thank you for the advice

Rheinhardt