RSView ME AOA Initialize Failed

mollyputzer

I have a new copy of RSView ME and when ever I try to open the tag database, I get the following error:
"AOA: AOAInitialize failed"
I have called tech support, no help,
Uninstalled and reinstalled, no help,
checked tech notes on-line, no help.
Has anybody seen this and solved the problem.
Thanks much,
Mollyputzer

rdrast,
The bottom tech note about decompressing the hard drive is the one that I did not find on their website, but it is the one that worked.
Thanks much for your help

mollyputzer said:
rdrast,
The bottom tech note about decompressing the hard drive is the one that I did not find on their website, but it is the one that worked.
Thanks much for your help
I have the same problem, but my drive is not compressed! Any Ideas?

Edit: I have version RSView Studio ME 4.00.00 (CPR 7)

Last edited:
I have almost always recovered from this error by using the Application Manager to backup the application (create the .apa file) and then restoring the application with a new name.

I've seen this error many times and this has almost always fixed it.

OG

Operaghost said:
I have almost always recovered from this error by using the Application Manager to backup the application (create the .apa file) and then restoring the application with a new name.

OG
Thanks, I will give that a try... Do you happen to know the cause of this problem?

Operaghost said:

OG
That did not work... I backed up my app, and restored, but still have the same problem. I even did this with a sample program and same results... I don't know what to do...

Error "AOA: AOAInitialize failed" when trying to open tag database in RSView Studio application.
trnsp.gif
Answer
Problem :
Error "AOA: AOA Initialize failed" when trying to open tag database
It is possible that tag database is corrupted , but deleting RDMDATA folder and rebooting PC did not help

RSView Studio works fine with another application on the same PC.

Workaround :
Start a new application -select IMPORT
select RSView Studio med file , and navigate to the problem project, select med file , finish .
The project is recreated and database is OK
Problem: Error "AOA: AOAInitialize failed" when trying to open tag database

de_arnab said:
Error "AOA: AOAInitialize failed" when trying to open tag database in RSView Studio application.
trnsp.gif
Answer
Problem :
Error "AOA: AOA Initialize failed" when trying to open tag database
It is possible that tag database is corrupted , but deleting RDMDATA folder and rebooting PC did not help

RSView Studio works fine with another application on the same PC.

Workaround :
Start a new application -select IMPORT
select RSView Studio med file , and navigate to the problem project, select med file , finish .
The project is recreated and database is OK
Problem: Error "AOA: AOAInitialize failed" when trying to open tag database
THis did not work either... :mad: