Tag issue in Panel view 600 T6T configured for micrologix 1400

analyzer tech

I an new to this:

I am trying to finish a project. Here is the

tagname Data type Address Controller
PUMPA_XS Boolean N7:1/0 PLC-1

My Question: What does the N7:1/0 mean and address. Iam not sure what the / does for the address.

thank You

Welcome to the forum!

N7:1 is a 16 bit integer. By specifying N7:1/0, you're specifying bit 0 of this integer.

The hint is in the fact that your tag is defined as a Boolean - so, obviously, you need to specify one bit, be that a single bit out on it's own, or a single bit within a larger structure like an integer.

The N registers are Interger registers (16 bit). The address of N7:1/0 means that you are looking at bit 0 of the first word.

Here is how it breaks out:
N7 = file 7 is a Interger data type
:1 = second Interger word. 0 is the first word
/0 = bit zero of the word

Hope this helps.

Edit: ASF wins the typing race ��

Polish it off Professors!...

The ":" is a word delimiter
The "/" is a bit delimiter

There, now I can do my days work.

Regards,
George