9040 markem imaje Printer

ahmadk

Hello everybody
I'm try to find a way to get response from a 9040 Markem Imaje Printer after send an a massege like ACK 06h or NAK 21h anyone can help me ? plz ,
i will appreciate that

http://www.opctalk.com/board/PubBoard2/Files00/02-InterfaceManual-en.pdf

The printer will only respond to commands sent to it with the ACK or NACK.
What command are you sending to the printer? Are you calculating the Checksum correctly?

Here is sample code to get the checksum.
Sub CheckSum()
'Calculating Checksum For Transmission
L = Len(SendBuffer)
A = 0
For J = 1 To L Step 2
TJ$ = Chr$("&H" & (Mid$(SendBuffer, J, 2)))
A = Asc(TJ$) Xor A
Next J
FCS$ = Hex$(A)
If Len(FCS$) = 1 Then FCS$ = "0" + FCS$
SendBuffer = SendBuffer + FCS$
End Sub

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

thanks for your time ( Gclshortt)
i will try to calculate the checksum correctly , but now i need an example of command to send a complete massage for the printer
thank you for your time again

Note:
Sending a message to the printer is complicated to get it correct. An easier way is to create the message on the printer and then upload the message. Once you have the message uploaded, you can easily see all of the parts that make up the message. Then use the message download instruction.

Regards,

Now iam try to send some request command like autodating
my question is whate the command syntax and type to get response
like "D6<LF>00<LF>D6" how i can send LF correctly
Regards.

Note:
Sending a message to the printer is complicated to get it correct. An easier way is to create the message on the printer and then upload the message. Once you have the message uploaded, you can easily see all of the parts that make up the message. Then use the message download instruction.

Regards,

now i can send command like d6\n00\nd6 and i get some response
but now i face some problem when calculate checksum value is always wrong
i need an example of command with there checksum value to understands how calculate it .
regards

What are you trying to calculate the checksum on?
The example above is doing to the checksum for a string of 2 digit hex values.

I don't believe that the printer is accepting ascii-hex data. You should be sending a pure ascii string.

To do the checksum on that you just xor the ascii value of each character in the message and stick it on the end as another character. So if the XOR ends up as 65 then you will be putting an "A" at the end of the string.

What are you trying to calculate the checksum on?
The example above is doing to the checksum for a string of 2 digit hex values.

I don't believe that the printer is accepting ascii-hex data. You should be sending a pure ascii string.

To do the checksum on that you just xor the ascii value of each character in the message and stick it on the end as another character. So if the XOR ends up as 65 then you will be putting an "A" at the end of the string.

in the printer manual i was read that ,
the printer accept hexadecimal in command format and return response from each command,
the problem now is how i can calculate the check sum for a specific command
for example i need to read the current message from the printer ,so based on manual i need to send request like " 43 01 01 'xx' " now what i should replace 'xx' (checksum byte)
Sorry for taking long.

All the examples in the manual are shown in Hex for readability but the stream is not sent as asciii hex. They don't seem to say it anywhere but the protocol describes the command and checksum as a byte.

You may also need to configure the printer to accept the protocol.

Get a good troubleshooting program like Hercules SETUP tool that can send/receive data via serial/TCP/UDP as a server or client

Good luck

Thx for your response and your time
i was calculate it in same way and get same result
then i was sent to printer but the printer didn't return any response
so i need to determine whate is wrong my command or the checksum
regards

Hey Ahmad, Have you been able to find a solution for this ?

Hey Ahmad, Have you been able to find a solution for this ?
Yes,
I have 2 model of the Markem Imaje printer
9094, 9540
Now i can get response after send the message from both
But the message structure (body) is deferent for each one
I can send to you the functions that i write it in c# if you want
Just email me