ControlLogix reading a CSV (XML) file

CRom11

Hi,

is there a way to read a CSV or XML file into the Studio5000?

Early phase of project and trying to avoid using Omron to read XML file (there is an option to get the same data in CSV format) I'm way more familiar with rockwell than omron hence the question.
Thanks

Can you explain what exactly you want to do with that CSV or XML file ?

Do you want to import a set of data values into an offline Studio 5000 file, or into a set of tags in an operating controller ?

Is there an HMI involved in your system ?

Do you have the opportunity to dictate how the file will be formatted, or must you deal with a fixed format from another system ?

Hi Ken,

sorry for vague description of what I trying to achieve.

I'm working on a palletising system where an external system will be sending a XML file to a network location with list of barcodes for each box to be palletised. I will have a barcode scanner and will be comparing the result with a list of barcodes from said XML file.
The file structure will be fixed, the only choice I have is nested XML or a CSV which I was hoping would be easier to decode.
Haven't choosen the HMI yet but it will be along lines of panelview plus
Thanks

If it were me, I would do this with Ignition.

I'm not saying it can't be done with PV/PLC combo, but I am saying it can definitely be done with Ignition. Possibly get away with an Edge license.

Ignition is something I'd like to get into, but too late for this project. I'd need to get an external contractor to do the HMI for us, not enough time for me to learn new system..