Allen Bradley PLC block Symbols for autocad

Hi & welcome to the forum...

I assume you need the block symbols for schematic drawings, not panel layouts..

If you need block symbols for panel layouts, then they can be downloaded from the AB website for free.

We use (an older version of) Promis-e drawing software, with an Autocad engine for our schematics.

It may be possible to extract some of the blocks, but by the time you fiddle around editing/deleting attributes, you might be better off just drawing your own.

Are you wanting the parametric files that ACADE uses to build a PLC IO module, or are you looking for DWG files to be inserted as a block?

I use Autocad Electrical now, and it has built in components that can schematically represent about anything. When I installed, I installed the libraries for A/B stuff as well as about a dozen other mfgs.

But, in a previous life, I used Autocad Lite, and built a boatload of my own symbols. They're not perfect, and most of them just use fixed text rather than editable attributes. They were all built for the drawing system of my previous employer, and I have modified some of them over the years, until I started using ACADE about a year ago.

I could share those with you if you'd like when I am not too busy at work...

Let us know what version of AutoCad you're using and what specific modules you need.

I use Autocad Electrical now, and it has built in components that can schematically represent about anything. When I installed, I installed the libraries for A/B stuff as well as about a dozen other mfgs.
Any recommendations for tutorials on getting up to speed on Autocad Electrical? I've played with it but am not experienced enough to make the jump yet.

Any recommendations for tutorials on getting up to speed on Autocad Electrical? I've played with it but am not experienced enough to make the jump yet.
http://www.vtc.com/products/Autodesk-AutoCAD-Electrical-2010-Basic-Concepts-Tutorials.htm
This looks promising. I went through most of the free videos and they seem very well done, but they don't give away much that I didn't already know.

I think I am going to ask the boss to buy the videos out of our 2011 training budget.

Hi there thanks for the offer but I have been given all that I needed from a good friend who has just come from the US with a very full usb stick. cheers.

OK I'll have a look at them, thanks Paul!

Sorry, I didn't see this post until today...

Wow, I zipped my whole tabset folder and it came out to 88 megabytes.

Let me see which subfolders I need to weed out and I will try to post or p.m. you with something.

EDIT: Here are the most likely to be useful ones among my collection. All the others are oddball and one-offs.

Last edited:
Allen Bradley .dwg

Any body want to share the allen bradley .dwg files? I need panel power supply, circuit breaker, and terminal blocks. thanks