PVP Display error

JFelectric

ohh boy im in a bind.

currently on a shutdown right now and im burning the midnight oil because i cant get the customer's used PVP1500 to display my new .mer runtime.

it originally had a runtime on it from some 3rd party that it would boot to & display when powered on. it responded to touch so it was considered working.

i upgraded its firmware to 5.10. no errors, confirmed successful.

i built a project using FTViewStudio v10. and exported the runtime with 5.10 selected from the drop down.

the PVP15 now boots, i select the mer i want to run, and it gets to "display loading" message, then the display hangs there... im trying to wait it out right now but this is 20 min and still the same. i see the square frame open up but the display hangs on the loading message, and now my project buttons work fine. i can shut down, run config menu, operate a solenoid, solely because i touch the blank screen where i know the button should be.

heres the kicker: i have a PVP1000 with same 5.10 firmware. i download the same MER to it and it boots no problem,PVPs is that the 1000 has like 4x the memory.. but on the 1000 usage window shows a ton of unused RAM on the, and used ram is less than the total available on the 1500.

got any ideas?

The PV+1000 is 640x480. The PV+1500 is 800x600. You might have to change the project resolution. If that’s not it, try swapping logic modules or a new simple test application.

The PV+1000 is 640x480. The PV+1500 is 800x600. You might have to change the project resolution. If that’s not it, try swapping logic modules or a new simple test application.

FIXED.

--- so i started with your suggestion of the 800x600 and entered the resolution as a custom size from the dropdown menu. ---worked great, but only took up a portion of the panel.....

..so i made some estimations and with the 4:3 ratio i scaled the project to custom 1000x750... worked, but with a small border...

..so i typed in a custom size of 1024x768, THE EXACT SAME SIZE listed in the drop down for my PVP and VOILA IT WORKS. ZERO OTHER CHANGES!

--i swear, im going to make my PS "if its Rockwell, its buggy"

thanks for putting me on the right track

I’m glad you got it working. I want to close this thread with correct information. The 1000 is 640x480. The 1250, which I forgot, is the 800x600 model. The 1500 is indeed 1024x768.

Here are the official...

42607 - Project Window Sizes and Resolutions for Various Terminals
Access Level: TechConnect

And also just to note that as of PanelView Plus terminal firmware revision 8, Rockwell have added a new warning message during loading to inform us that the application file has a different Project Window Size resolution to the actual PanelView terminal...

675510 - The application resolution is different than the current terminal's.
Access Level: Everyone

We can still choose to ignore the warning and load the application, but might experience similar graphical anomalies such as you had here. Setting the correct resolution in the application for the PanelView terminal will of course get rid of the warning.

Regards,
George

Here are the official...

42607 - Project Window Sizes and Resolutions for Various Terminals
Access Level: TechConnect

And also just to note that as of PanelView Plus terminal firmware revision 8, Rockwell have added a new warning message during loading to inform us that the application file has a different Project Window Size resolution to the actual PanelView terminal...

675510 - The application resolution is different than the current terminal's.
Access Level: Everyone

We can still choose to ignore the warning and load the application, but might experience similar graphical anomalies such as you had here. Setting the correct resolution in the application for the PanelView terminal will of course get rid of the warning.

Regards,
George

You got it. also, i didnt get a resolution message when compiling my projects or downloading runtimes. FTV studio 10. probably because the target was firmware 5.10.

at any rate... you people are great!

i have other issues with my FTVS applications, but thats for another thread.

JFelectric said:
...i didnt get a resolution message when...downloading runtimes...probably because the target was firmware 5.10...

No "probably" here, my friend. As the technote states, only PanelView terminals running firmware revision 8 (or higher) will check and display that warning message. A terminal running firmware revision 5.10 will of course never check and display this resolution warning as that feature is long into the future, firmware-wise.

JFelectric said:
..."if its Rockwell, its buggy"...

I also meant to say in retrospect to your issue and "possibly" in Rockwell's defense?...

When you created your "new" application, and if you had manually selected the correct PVPlus 1500 (1024x768) resolution while naming your application, it should have set the Project window size to the correct resolution: PVPlus 1500 (1024x768). As the new application loaded fine on a test PanelView Plus 1000, this might suggest that when the initial new application window was open where you named your application, you may have forgotten to change the resolution from the default setting of PVPlus 700/1000 (640x480) to the required PVPlus 1500 (1024x768)?

To check an application's current resolution - when you choose to open an application, the popup window with the list of your existing applications is displayed. Highlight your PanelView Plus 1500 application and then check the Resolution: setting below. If you didn't select the correct model terminal at application creation, then the application would now be using the default setting of PVPlus 700/1000 (640x480). To correct this, you should not open the application and then choose Project window size>Custom and start trying different resolutions until you...

JFelectric said:
...typed in a custom size of 1024x768, THE EXACT SAME SIZE listed in the drop down for my PVP and VOILA IT WORKS...

To correct this, you should go to the Project window size setting and change the resolution to PVPlus 1500 (1024x768) and then accept the changes. This now changes the resolution for the application to the correct predesigned resolution for your specific PanelView Plus model terminal.

If your application is still using a Custom resolution to set it the same as a PanelView Plus 1500's resolution, which should not be necessary, then I would check the current resolution when opening the application to see if it's set for the default: PVPlus 700/1000 (640x480).

Now, if you are saying that you know you had the correct resolution for your terminal model set all along in your new application, but the displays at runtime were not right, and only by setting the same resolution using a Custom setting, would it work, then that is another story?

G.