Why does Siemens make it complicated

bornwild

hey all,

I have been trying to understand the starter software by siemens and I really couldnt understand . Are there any good advanced manuals and how to commission a cpu cu 320 with profinet interface and s120 drives . It is so confusing.

I have no clue why they make everything so complicated but they're not the only one. Sorry I could not be of any help.

Sounds about right. Siemens gives you more power to do things. To quote a famous movie line, with that power comes great responsibility.

Re quotes, I see that one being relevant way too often:
"Some people are so far behind in the race that they actually believe they're leading" –Junior

Siemens is hate and love. You can do the most beautiful things, just have to figure out how to do it, or where to find examples.

For example drives, it is awesome how you can set up everything according to your needs. Problem is that you have to set everything up before it works! A drive like Danfoss is set up in minutes.

But once you get the hang of the Siemens thing, and know where to look for help, it is wonderful. This site has been incredible for getting help.

Now Siemens tech's.. Hit and miss. I have a couple on my speed-dial that know their business, if they don't they tell me and propose someone else that might know. I have had a couple that said that they could do it all and monumentally messed up the most basic of things.

I have had a couple that said that they could do it all and monumentally messed up the most basic of things.

I don't know the guys in question, but I find this attitude to be a sure fire sign that they aren't as good as they say and likely trouble is in the way.

I've worked with guys that have been doing the same thing for over twenty years and still addressed any problem (even if it was well known how to solve it) as if it was the first time and always made sure everything was in place. These are also the sort of people that won't brag about what they will do, they will tell you how they'll do it, what the risks are and how they have managed them.