Alarms in S7-1200

Riis82

Hi all

I know that there is the Program_Alarm block in the s7-1500 PLC, but it's not available in the s7-1200 PLC. Most alarm handeling options in the s7-1200 seems to have been removed.

I would like to be able to display my generated alarm data onto the KP700 Comfort Panel, without all the configuration of the HMI, just like you can do it with the Program_Alarm block and the Alarm Text List.

I've been checking out all kinds of options, but I can't seem to find any way to do it.

You clever people got an idea? or is it a to heavy job for the 1200 to cope with?

Hi all

I know that there is the Program_Alarm block in the s7-1500 PLC, but it's not available in the s7-1200 PLC. Most alarm handeling options in the s7-1200 seems to have been removed.

I would like to be able to display my generated alarm data onto the KP700 Comfort Panel, without all the configuration of the HMI, just like you can do it with the Program_Alarm block and the Alarm Text List.

I've been checking out all kinds of options, but I can't seem to find any way to do it.

You clever people got an idea? or is it a to heavy job for the 1200 to cope with?

I think alarming & diagnostics is intended to be one of the main differentiating factors between the 1500 family and the 1200s, besides obvious things like amount of memory.

You could do things like manually create strings in the 1200, and have the HMI read them as tags, but I think that would be even harder than making it from the HMI.

I do it in a s7 1200 with a block bool to word. 15 bools comes out as a word that triggers the hmi alarms. I don't know if the way you want to do it is possible in a 1200. If you want some screenshots of how send me a PM.

I do it in a s7 1200 with a block bool to word. 15 bools comes out as a word that triggers the hmi alarms. I don't know if the way you want to do it is possible in a 1200. If you want some screenshots of how send me a PM.

FYI, the newest releases of Portal (v14 SP1 & V15) have "Scatter" and "Gather" commands that take a bunch of bools and put them in a word, or the other way around. May not need need anything custom any more.

That really is the standard way, though. Do the text in the HMI, use the bit triggers in a word.

I also sometimes see the alarm text in a big text list in the HMI, and then the PLC sends an integer with only the most important alarm.

FYI, the newest releases of Portal (v14 SP1 & V15) have "Scatter" and "Gather" commands that take a bunch of bools and put them in a word, or the other way around. May not need need anything custom any more.

That really is the standard way, though. Do the text in the HMI, use the bit triggers in a word.

I also sometimes see the alarm text in a big text list in the HMI, and then the PLC sends an integer with only the most important alarm.

There is nothing custom it was just the way of doing it in v10.5 and it still works in v14. The Block has been downloaded at Siemens website and it probably in this case does the same as the scatter and gather. Maybe it is also possible to just move a given number into the alarm word. This will of course use a lot of moves.