RSLogix 500 (v9.00) and windows 7 Enterprise

Strokur

Hello all,

I just updated my RSLogix 500 from version 7.00 to Version 9.00. Now when I try to open up RSLogix 500 I get an error that states "RSLogix 500 Development Environment has stopped working".

I've attached a picture (it may or may not be worth much). I was just wondering if anybody else had ran into this issue. I'm still fairly new to RSLogix and am not sure where to start. It does the same with running as admin as well.

If anybody has an insight it would be greatly appreciated! (y)

Thanks,
Phil

capture.PNG

After some further digging, I found v 8.30.01 works. It seems V 9.00 would do something to a couple dll's and cause issues during install. Either way it works and I'm not going to upgrade unless it's dire.

My laptop has Windows 7 Professional and runs RSLogix 500 V9.00.00 with no problems.

One of the solutions I was given to installation issues was to load the software CD onto the hard drive and install it from there - that cleared issues I had with Logix and Networx.

Thank you for the response,
I may try it again over the weekend just so I'm not slowed down. There were two issues really that I was running into. The one stated above and the other was either when I uninstalled v 9.00 or was installing one of the earlier builds(7 or 8.30.01). It would come up during installation saying 'RS500.exe was not checked for installation', and even after repairing it would still come back with the same issue. But it's behind me so I'm glad.

FactoryTalk that was one thought I had but support assured me it wasn't the reason. I had to use a license from an old copy since all the others were unavailable. It worked fine once all was said and done, just had to get the product key from the support.

Phil

Strokur said:
After some further digging, I found v 8.30.01 works. It seems V 9.00 would do something to a couple dll's and cause issues during install. Either way it works and I'm not going to upgrade unless it's dire.

Is this what you are referring to?...

290477 - RSLogix 500 Development Environment has stopped working
Access Level: TechConnect

..and if so, had you tried the fix?

Regards,
George

Yes, this fix was not the issue, I tried it to no avail. I don't believe there was one 'Development environment has stopped working' rock not overturned.
I appreciate the responses very much so, I've got our main RA tech coming out Monday for other adventures either way. I will definitely ask him about it.

Phil

I have had this same issue several times, It took a complete un-install and re-install to get it working again. Now I'm back in the same boat with 500 crashing when I open Linx.

Unfortunately our computers are IT supplied with Windows 7 64 bit, VM will work but I can only remote in through the Host OS for security reasons.

I'm going to try to downgrade versions and see if that will work

I got mine working again, I had to un-install and do a complete re-install of RSlinx, Currently I am on ver 2.59, I had this happen more often with version 3.6.

I don't have any trouble with RSLogix 5 or 5000, but every few weeks 500 crashes with the "RSLogix 500 Development Environment has stopped working". It starts fine but when I go to RSWho it will crash.

Version 9 has some serious glitches in it. One of the major ones is that if you open a previous version that uses block transfers and then download to your processor, the block transfers will no longer work!!
Skip V9 and go directly to version 10 or higher.

Welcome to 2014. I'm still on V9 and didn't realize they have a new version out but our inventory of micro and SLC is getting very tiny.