Making an X-Y Plot in FactoryTalkView ME10.0

JustinHendo

Hello,

I'm trying to build an X-Y Scatter plot in FactoryTalkView ME 10.0. The only options for charts I've come across using the program have been Time-Trends.

Has anyone successfully built an X-Y Plot in FactoryTalkView ME before? I have been exploring using the ActiveX controls but they're not super intuitive, even after watching the Rockwell videos on the subject.

I should say the thing that makes this a little more difficult than the average project is: I am using a GE Rx3i controller, communicating to Rockwell software and eventually to a PanelViewPlus Performance through Kepware 5.19 running a GE Ethernet driver. Therefore we are using Symbolic Variables (pulling the tag information from the names in the PLC Program rather than creating tags in FTView to poll for data) so the Tags don't directly exist in FTView.

Any help would be appreciated, but I guess let's start with a successful X-Y plot, no matter what kind of tags or variables you were using. I just want to know if it's possible and we can go from there :D Thanks!

:site:

Have you tried selecting XY Plot in the thernd properties general tab?

XY plot
Select this option to plot each pen against a selected pen, which serves as the X-axis.
If you select this option, select a pen for the X-axis from the X-Axis pen box.

1.png

I haven't, mostly because it's not super intuitive to me.

I have a table to plot using the following coordinates, and I can't quite figure out how to, in one pen, enter an X and a Y value to give the plot a point to graph.

Cartesian Coordinates: (0,20), (5,1000), (10,1500)

X = 0 , Y=-20
X = 5, Y=1000
X = 10, Y=1500

If you're still looking for something. The attached image is what I've been using for a scatter plot for the past few years or so. Each of 450 diamonds are objects and each uses it's own animation x,y position for placement. The chart is a grouped object, without the diamonds, that is converted to wallpaper. I have two array tags in the PLC that update every 10 seconds. The diamonds visibility is set to only show them when the x,y values are greater than 0.

I also use the ActiveX XY chart that Rockwell came out with a couple years ago for 8.20 and newer firmware but it will not display a dot of any kind, just lines and markers. I have tried to combined it with an object on top but the ActiveX must be on top.

Scatter_Plot.png