RSLogix Micro Starter Lite communication with Cimplicity SCADA

Andrew03

Hi,

I am new to Allen Bradely PLCs. I am trying to communicate the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite and RSLogix Emulate on EMU500-1 driver (no hardware) with Proficy Cimplicity SCADA 8.1. As such my PLC program on RSLogix Emulate is working fine. But not able to take it further with Cimplicity SCADA.

In Cimplicity project settings I selected the AB drivers as, 1. AB Ethernet, 2. Allen Bradely DF-1

Questions:

1. Does RSLogix Micro Starter Lite supports any SCADA?

2. In Cimplicity SCADA I am getting the "Router Failed" message, Is that because it is not able to communicate with the H/W which is absent?

3. Is there any way I can make it to work?

Your kind help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

Hi BigJon1023,

Thank you for your reply. But in Cimplicity project settings I can see those two drivers (1. AB Ethernet, 2. Allen Bradely DF-1) which are also in RSLogix Micro Starter Lite, so I suspect it might be supporting lower end PLCs of AB.

Regards,
Andrew

Cimplicity can communicate with AB hardware, but unless RESEmulate can communicate with external devices using standard AB protocols, I doubt if Cimplicity can talk to it. Think about it. What would be the incentive for a SCADA vendor to expend resources to develop a driver talk to a PLC simulator?

Last edited:
The only way you might be able to make this work would be a licensed version of RSLinx that supports DDE/OPC. I don't know anything about Cimplicity or its drivers, so I say it might work.

I have not done this personally, but a number of AdvancedHMI users were able to use the standard DF1 serial driver with RSEmulate500. If Cimplicity has a serial DF1 driver, then I will guess the same method will work. There was mention of a piece of software called com0com. There is a post with screen shots and details of how they were able to get it to work:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=516.msg4427#msg4427