Ftv me 8 call screen

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Oh alrighty then. This should get interesting.

Using FTV ME 8. ( PLC l33er , hmi plus 7)

I have a list of error codes E 01 thru E whatever.

My Idea was to navigate to screen 8 ( Error code diagnostics????) in the center of the screen is a input display, touch, and a alpha numeric screen pops.

What I would like to happen is the operator enters the error code (E whatever) and a splash or pop out comes up with the codes description and possible causes.

I have read over macros, global's, doesn't seem like those will work ( unless I am reading too much into them ).

(yes i RTFM)

I would assume the pop ups are stored in the HMI and could be call from the PLC.

It seems like it is going to be a little more multi-dimensional than I am used too (YEA!!)

Any small direction would be of service.

Thank you for the time and attention to this

Depending on how many error codes you have, there are a few ways to do this.

If it's a small number of codes, I would get the PLC to pop-up the help screen and then use a numeric input to change the state on a multi-state indicator (2 if you want text and an image). Put your troubleshooting information (And image) on each state of the indicator.

If you have the correct version of HMI, you can use the same system to launch PDFs or Videos depending on the error number.

Thank you for your response Jeev

Right now there are 14 error codes. Never have tried 14 on a multi-state. that would keep everything on the HMI wouldn't it. I'll check the HMI for the PDF option.

I was moving in the direction of local messages. I set up 14 local messages with the error identification and possible causes, and was considering using a dint to identify the input from the operator, then move the error code back to the HMI to pop up the local message associated. I'm not sure if this is the long way home or not, but it was all I could come up with.

I will try the multi-state this morning and let you know how it works out

Thanks again.

Thank you for your response Jeev

Right now there are 14 error codes. Never have tried 14 on a multi-state. that would keep everything on the HMI wouldn't it. I'll check the HMI for the PDF option.

I was moving in the direction of local messages. I set up 14 local messages with the error identification and possible causes, and was considering using a dint to identify the input from the operator, then move the error code back to the HMI to pop up the local message associated. I'm not sure if this is the long way home or not, but it was all I could come up with.

I will try the multi-state this morning and let you know how it works out

Thanks again.

Almost the same as local message is the Information Message.
The benefit of that is it will open a display automatically for you. When there is a new value in the tag then FTView ME will open the Information message display.

It saves you some coding/steps and uses that feature for the exact purpose it was designed for.
That also makes it very easy to see all the messages and make changes later on.

Almost the same as local message is the Information Message.
The benefit of that is it will open a display automatically for you. When there is a new value in the tag then FTView ME will open the Information message display.

It saves you some coding/steps and uses that feature for the exact purpose it was designed for.
That also makes it very easy to see all the messages and make changes later on.

Yes Sir. I thought of that but the error code are a manual input.

The only automatic thing about this part of the program is the sonic generators produce a generic on/off signal alerting an error. The operator as to go to the stand and look for the blinky lite, then count the blinks and pauses ( if over ten)

Thank you for the feedback.