Ethernet card not working in 1756 series.

RetiQlum

So I have a Rockwell setup here with a (Control Logix) L62 and an EN2T card.

I can ping the card from the command line but RSLogix can't talk to it over Ethernet - only with USB. Also, the controller doesn't see anything else on the network.

I check the that the revision matches in both the General and Module Info tabs.

HELP!

Does the EN2T's IP address appear in the RS-Linx "RSWho" browser window? Getting it appear there is your first step.

Not when I don't have the USB connected. I can still ping it though.

The I have the local wired connection set to "Work" and the firewall configured to allow RSLinx, RSLinxNG, RSLinxShortcutAOA, RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000 connections.

I would make sure the ping response is really from the EN2T by disconnecting the network cable from that module and re-pinging the address. Assuming no response, reconnect and re-ping to get confidence the response is coming from that device. Then double-check the Ethernet driver configuration in RS-Linx for the correct IP of that module.
One thing that frustrates me with RS-Linx is having to wait for it to "see" a device manually added to the driver configuration. I have not found a way to force it to connect to a specific IP address, and would be interested if there is a trick to poke RS-Linx this way.

A very common problem with browsing automation networks is if your PC is "dual homed", with both wireless and wired networks connected.

If you're using the EtherNet/IP driver, make sure it's configured to use your hardwired network connection.

A good troubleshooting step is to simply disable your WiFi connection, if you're using one.

VPN software also frequently interferes with the broadcast packets used by the EtherNet/IP driver; try the Ethernet Devices driver, which uses individual TCP connections to specified IP addresses, instead of browsing with a broadcast packet.