FT View Studio V13

Robobob

Lifetime Supporting Member
FactoryTalk View v.13.00 is now web released and available for download!!
This includes:
• FactoryTalk Services 6.30 (FactoryTalk Services Platform, FactoryTalk Alarms and Events, FactoryTalk Linx)
• FactoryTalk View SE v.13.00
• FactoryTalk View ME v.13.00
• FactoryTalk ViewPoint v.13.00

FTVStudioWebsite.png

Can't wait to figure all of the new caveats.

For example, I think in v13, you can no longer make v6/6.1 runtimes.

Can't wait to figure all of the new caveats.

For example, I think in v13, you can no longer make v6/6.1 runtimes.

I believe it's 5.0/5.1, as they are the last PanelViews running Windows CE4, which they've decided to stop supporting.

What's extra hilarious to me is that this was announced in the "FactoryTalk View Version 12 What's New" presentation in October 2020, and that Version 11.00 is the last version that will support them. This is not stated anywhere in the V12 release notes, but is in the V13 release notes.

What's extra hilarious to me is that this was announced in the "FactoryTalk View Version 12 What's New" presentation in October 2020, and that Version 11.00 is the last version that will support them. This is not stated anywhere in the V12 release notes, but is in the V13 release notes.

5.0/5.1 was dropped in v12 and a warning was given that v6/6.1 would be dropped in v13.

I can verify you can create v6 and v6.1 runtimes in v13. Which makes sense, those are all new PV+6 or +7 terminals.

I like that we have official Win11 support. Whether we are using it or not, it is good to see them approving a new O/S while it is still considered new.

OG

Upgrade to FT View ME ver.13

Getting ready to upgrade from Ver. 11. I wasn't aware of the OS change or the new PVP7 series B. I have over 100 PV's to support and maintain that range from 5.1 to 12. We are currently budget constrained so I can't get rid of the 5.1's very easily. I want to complain but I understand the position Microsoft has put Rockwell in. I still have several standard monochrome PV's floating around but they are no longer being supported by me. I'm concerned about making the jump to 13. I'm not sure that I've gotten rid of all the 5.1's. 🍻

Welcome Tmiller2!

I would recommend either staying at 11 or upgrade to 12 max, with the latest patches. You can always make a v11 runtime, it will happily run on your v12 series B PVP. We still run v10 and have been using series B PanelViews for months (a year?).

When v12 was released, they removed the ability to make runtimes for v5.x and lower. It was later patched to allow runtimes down to v5. V13 removes the ability to make 5.1 and lower runtimes again, this time, it won't be patched.

Be careful when you make runtimes for v5/5.1/6, they are forced to "never allow conversion".

FT View ME Version 12

My IT guy is looking into the RS patches for version 12. He's worried the patches with modify the Activation Manager. If it does affect activation manager, then he would have to apply the patches to every machine that uses RS plant wide no matter if it is using FT View ME or not. Otherwise I'll be the only one with an activation manager that works. That's a big deal. So I've still got a boat anchor, Lol.:D