Does Siemens have a product like FactoryTalk View SE?

lunenburger

I am new to Siemens, and just looking into their HMI software.
Does Siemens have a product similar to FactoryTalk View SE?

I am looking to have at least 10 HMI clients and two fully redundant HMI servers.

I have also developed some standalone projects with Indusoft (Aveva Edge) and just wondering if anyone has experience with a larger plant wide installation with Indusoft? how scaleable is it?

Thank you

They at least used to have a standalone version of WinCC that would run on a PC instead of an HMI. You would use "WinCC Flexible" to program HMIs. I suspect that they continued that distinction in Portal, but it's been a while since I had access to Portal.

Siemens PCS7 supports multiple redundant servers, and multiple OS clients. I have worked on systems with three server pairs, and over 25 clients.

I am sure the Step7/TIA portal side of things also supports this as well. Contact your local Siemens office for more detailed information.

I have just downloaded Ignition, and I am going to check out the trial.

I also have WinCC but it looks like you have to run WinCC on Siemens HMI hardware, not deployed on Windows computers??

So WinCC can do redundant servers? that is interesting...
I will have to do some digging, coming from a Rockwell background, it seems like it is hard to find information on the Siemens website.
( I suppose it's hard to find information on the Rockwell website if you are coming from a Siemens background as well)

WinCC is basically the brand name for HMIs from Siemens. It comes in several flavors depending on what you're looking for. What you want is WinCC V7/V8, which is a SCADA class system installed on whatever PC and includes support for redundant servers.

WinCC Flexible is a legacy panel/single station PC system. WinCC Comfort/Advanced inside TIA portal is a newer version of that (but still 10+ years old and near the end of it's lifecycle). WinCC Unified is their new platform that covers the simple embedded panel all the way up to client/server SCADA setups, but it doesn't support redundancy (yet?).

WinCC Professional is what I would compare to be the closest to a SCADA system.

I would choose the WinCC 7.x line (WinCC Scada). I have the feeling that WinCC Professional has no future. I've had one project with WinCC Prof. and made so many support requests with bugs, no one fixed since today. The runtime WinCC Prof. uses is a WinCC 7.x runtime, but the engineering has so many missing features compared to WinCC Scada. For example basic process control - missing. You spend weeks to build what comes with basic process control in WinCC Prof., and you can't do all the features because some things are still missing which you can't emulate (group displays).

Also not all combinations from WinCC Scada are supported in WinCC Prof., like Multiclients which connect to multiple redundant server pairs, separate archive servers and so on.