FT View Studio V13

V13 removes the ability to make 5.1 and lower runtimes again, this time, it won't be patched.
This technote seems to suggest it already has been patched, contrary to their initial statements that it would not be. Haven't tested it myself as I'm still using v11.

This technote seems to suggest it already has been patched, contrary to their initial statements that it would not be. Haven't tested it myself as I'm still using v11.

Jeez, I did the same thing with V12. Made a statement, someone posted "that has been patched". V12 software still warns you when you make the runtime "This is the last version that will be able to make v5 runtimes".

I spoke with support about this a while back. They confirmed, nope, v13 won't be patched. So here I am again, turns out, it has been patched.

We'll see if it happens again with v14 in another 10 months :ROFLMAO:

I doubt it. At some point they're actually going to carry through with dropping support and my bet is on sooner rather than later.

We'll see if it happens again with v14 in another 10 months :ROFLMAO:

I doubt it. At some point they're actually going to carry through with dropping support and my bet is on sooner rather than later.

well, when that support drops we are going to see a huge gap again where if 14 drops support. then a lot of HMI will either be V13 or V17 after a sufficiently long time has passed where people end up being forced to upgrade to support new machines that have been put out.

I just wanted to follow up with this thread. We were able to load an application for FT View ME ver. 11 on a PVP7 Pro 1200W series B running Ver. 12. The application would not load. It turns out the new panelview must be connected to a network for the RS Linx server in the background to run. This is different. We just plugged in an ethernet cord to the plant network. The older Panelviews did not need to be connected to a network to load and run an application.

I just wanted to follow up with this thread. We were able to load an application for FT View ME ver. 11 on a PVP7 Pro 1200W series B running Ver. 12. The application would not load. It turns out the new panelview must be connected to a network for the RS Linx server in the background to run. This is different. We just plugged in an ethernet cord to the plant network. The older Panelviews did not need to be connected to a network to load and run an application.

yeah this is a new and annoying 'feature'. the ethernet port isn't even configurable unless it's connected to a valid network. New PVP aren't even coming loaded with the newest firmware and require updates as soon as we have been getting them also.

Hi
I am new to this forum and cant find the POST NEW button.
I am looking for a copy of FTV ME 6. We have a old XP laptop with V3.2 on it. I am working on a Micrologix 1400 PLC project, but V3.2 does not recognise the 1100/1400 PLC's
Rockwell stopped downloads for old versions.

Welcome!

For future, see the attached picture.

The best way to get the software if it is not available for download directly would be to contact your distributor. They can probably get it for you.

capture-20230413-122314.png

Hey All. While we are on the subject of PVP and versions. I have a question.

I am running FTView V11. I have a PVP1000 (not PVP6, nor PVP7. Just PVP1000).

I bought it on ebay with Firmware Version 5.10.06. Other versions are available to downloade up to 5.10.16.

I recently updated the firmware to 5.10.16 and caused myself a world of pain. I eventually got it back to original firmware.

Does anyone know the "safe" version i can reliably install in this PVP for use with my version of FTView11?

The main benefit to V13 was the change in price point. The grid objects and Powershell scripting also got a little better.

Personally I have not used the .NET objects at all.

Thank you

FTView SE is prob half the price it was previously. An unlimited screen perpetual license, panel pc, and 42" 4k monitor is a whole lot less than a PanelView considering you can run dozens of machines from a control room with a multi-monitor setup. A 15" PV+7 Performance is around ~7.6k. An unlimited display perpetual license is just under 4.0k. I don't spec PanelViews anymore though I am end user.

The Network Distributed bundles are half the price and no longer require two licenses to run a redundant configuration and come with unlimited Viewpoint seats for free.

I haven't spec'd out a full Ignition SCADA/HMI package, but from what I can see the pricing is similar. However, for a very large system, I would totally go with Ignition as you have a cleaner transition to MES and cross platforms.

I don't remember what ME got for upgrades as I primarily use SE, but you can check the release notes.

Last edited: