Twincat ads error 1820

saias

Hi,

I am new with twincat and im trying to set up a programming environment for a cx1030. I have connected to the cx through system manager and when I am scanning for devices, although for de3vices appear, I receive the following error:

Adserror: 1820 (0x71c, 'ADS ERROR invalid class id')

I am not sure if thats a serious problem but my main iissue is that i can t see all of the IOs.

any help?

Hi,

I have a simular problem as saias.

I also get an error "Init2\IO: Create TcomObj SAFEOP >> Adserror: 1820 (0x71c, 'ADS ERROR invalid class id')" while scanning devices.

I have cx1010-0112, cx1100-0004, 2xel1002 and el2004. Error comes while scanning "EtherCAT" device, and also when scanning related boxes.

Every time I have received this error I have found it to be because there is no EtherCAT on the port it's looking for.

This is a windows issue. You need to get your ports right and then beckhoff will behave.

ie on a running system, the port has been disabled (usually by some numpty who notices the windows "limited connection" error msg)
Or the cable is broken, or unplugged etc.

on a new system, it's generally because the port is plugged into a ethernet network. Swap the cables so the ethernet network is on the second port.

DHCP is generally enabled on both ports, so your PLC will respond to you no matter how you plug it in. EtherCAT however is generally only available on the first port.

Every time I have received this error I have found it to be because there is no EtherCAT on the port it's looking for.

This is a windows issue. You need to get your ports right and then beckhoff will behave.

ie on a running system, the port has been disabled (usually by some numpty who notices the windows "limited connection" error msg)
Or the cable is broken, or unplugged etc.

on a new system, it's generally because the port is plugged into a ethernet network. Swap the cables so the ethernet network is on the second port.

DHCP is generally enabled on both ports, so your PLC will respond to you no matter how you plug it in. EtherCAT however is generally only available on the first port.

Or, as in the case I'm hunting down today which has led me here, I'm told it's a version issue with TwinCAT.
Make sure your release is the same as the PLC you're programming.

ie I'm running 2.11 (1552)
the CE box I'm talking to is running 2038

The release is referred to by the first digit of the build.
I'm running release 1xxx CE 2xxx so I'll upgrade and confirm it works.