Siemens OP15 problem

abu

Hi All,

I'm new comer for this site and I need helps from you all.
by the way I have a question about Siemens OP15, The problem is the OP15 display unit is giving alarm $040 S5 not present and $115 PC-restart running.
I have changed the CPU with spare one the problem remains same.I have changed the TTY card inside the CPU and problem remains same.
I have checked the communication cable between CPU TTY card and OP15 and cable is good, but problem remains same.
I have reload the program in PLC, the reoblem remains same.As per alarm $040 S5 not present remedy is to check cable between PLC and
OP. It is good.
$115 PC-restart running does not have any decription. I went to alrms mode and I got one more alarm $632 program error # 12 : The process screen or recipe does not contain entries.I want to check recipe by pressing shift on and directory it is giving another alarm $ 337 No recipes present.
I have also use COMTEXT software to download the back up file. But unfortunatelly the error appear "026 Invalid device Identifier".
Hence could you please any suggestion and inform us the solutions by return.

Best regards,
Abu

Abu,

We have a similar problem as you, but between an S7 300 and a TP27 screen, when they are first powered up the TP27 reports that the S7 is not present, all we do is acknowledge this 'fault' (touch the message on screen). This is because the TP27 boots up before the S7 and looks for the S7 but can't initially find it.

Maybe you can try the above this might 'solve' your problem,

If not, maybe someone else will be able to help out.

Paul

I am curious, have you tried another OP? When you get messages like that its usually a communication problem...either cpu or OP. Another thing is to reload the program in the OP...they can glitch just like a plc does.

I have a list of the codes at work but it will be a few hours before I am there

Something else to check is the initialization routine in the startup OBs (20,21,22). You should be transferring 1 to DW64 of the interface area data block to initialize the communication between the PLC and OP. Is it possible that the OP configuration is not loaded? Error $632 also means that the screen has nothing on it. If you're still getting the $632 error after reloading and re-starting the OP, the manual says you should contact Siemens tech. support for assistance.

Good Luck

Rob

ABU,
as I know, if you want to connect a OP15 to an s5 cpu, use the As511 protocol, you need to run a special FB in the s5 cpu to driver the communication. and I also I know the cable between the op15 and s5 cpu are special, but if you got the draw of it, you can make it yourself.
and I don't know why you don't use siemens Protool software to confifgurate your op15 .

Hi,

A few weeks ago i had the same problem, there was an interrupt in the plc who stopped the communication with the OP and then said restart
We changed the program for this interrupt, and it worked

OP15 problem

Hi All,

I have tried to analize the PLC program, I think nothing wrong on it and also this program has been run about 10 years without any problem,
especially OP problem. That why I want to reload the OP15 program but always failed."Even Ready for transfer" message appear, but while transfer again 026 Invalid Device Identifier shown up.
I use COMTEXT V3.10 software because I couldn't open the software by Siemens protool, this software also I got from Siemens as per their advise.I never used this software before. FYI that screen type is TDOP V2.13.
Any comments and suggestion???

Abu

your op15 is broken bawling

or decrease the baud and try download again

-- normal 9600

or try another protocol and port

Last edited: