PanelView 1250 Screen saver

frmanpete

Ive just finished setting up a new panelview for a client. They would like to be able to reactivate the screen after the screen saver comes on via a remote input through the slc500. This is so they can view the screen through a window in a classified environment. As of now they are using a long stick to poke the screen through the window. I need to find a solution quick before i am replacing an impaled panelview. FactoryTalk View Studio is not my first language even though I am getting the hang of it.
Thanks,
Pete

The screen saver on a PanelView Plus is actually a Windows CE function. When you set it up through the terminal's configuration menu, you're essentially just poking information into the Registry on the terminal.

There's no method that I am aware of to de-activate the screen saver via a controller. You can do that with RSView32 or FTView SE by using the AppActivate command and the Event Detector to kill the screen saver process, but not with the PV+ terminal running FactoryTalk View ME.

What I've done instead is to use the Remote Global Connections feature to control the backlight brightness. This is described in RA Knowledgebase document 63659. This value is retained through power cycle, so don't set the brightness to zero or you won't see anything if you power cycle and disconnect the terminal.

why dont you put the panelview on a digital output and turn it on via timer for a predetermined amount of time when they push the button?

if that isnt good enough why dont you just disable the screensaver?

Ken,
Thanks for the brightness idea. I knew you could control that but never thought of using that instead on the screen saver.