siemens S7 Et200 SP PLC to PC Data logging

taward31

Need to create some Logging on a PC from my Siemens ET200SP PLC.

Running TIA Portal Ver 14 SP1

Anyone any experience of how to go about this,

Thanks in Advance

If you need a quick and easy and inexpensive way, then I suggest Deltalogic's Easylog:
https://www.deltalogic.de/products/software/accon-easylog
(not sure why, but the german language page states a list price of 310 €, whereas the english version states a list price of 620 €).

If that is not what you are looking for, you should post some more information about your project.

If you need a quick and easy and inexpensive way, then I suggest Deltalogic's Easylog:
https://www.deltalogic.de/products/software/accon-easylog
(not sure why, but the german language page states a list price of 310 €, whereas the english version states a list price of 620 €).

If that is not what you are looking for, you should post some more information about your project.

Nothing to spectacular -

Have a datablock in the siemens PLC that I need to log.

Customer wants the data logged in .csv Format in a on a plant networked PC.

Been looking into using FTP some how, but example on siemens page is for TIA ver 15 and we are currently running on v14 sp1

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/icons/icon9.gif

I transmitted a comma separated string of data out of an S-1200 to a port on a Linux embedded computer using TSEND_C. The transmission part is easy enough. You would need some software on the PC to receive the data and store it in to a file. Maybe Terraterm or some other Terminal program?

I've asked the sales rep to ask the customer to see if they have any opc clients running...

For our business though it would be great to get a solution that is cheap and effective... So will continue to try and do it whilst I await a reply from the customer..

Is there any way to do it via the HMI ? is it possible that way does anyone know ?

Hi Jesper,

Have you used this solution before ?

Is all I need to do is put the software on a pc and then put the pc and PLC on the same Ip Range ?

Go through the steps... on the PC software then,

It shoing some network adapter plugs on the site are these needed...or are they only for mpi connection etc...

No I havent actually used it myself. I only know it is easy to use.
I found out about the price, you have to configure the product. So you would have to chose input=TIA and output=csv
I think (*) that Deltalogic is maybe the only non-Siemens product that can access an S7-1500 PLCs optimised DBs directly.
*: If that is critical for you, you should check it first.