MVI46-MCM Modbus Comms

Alen bradley

Hi All,

I am trouble understanding how the Modbus card addresses are configured with respect to slave device addresses.

25jbb78.png

SLC500 is running the above program with the MVI46-MCM prosoft card in 12th slot. The slave device is a Control Microprocessor with the holding registers from 41001. I am confused as how the holding registers are linked to the M-file addresses in PLC. For example, in the above image, the 41001 holding register is sending data to M1:12.600 which is then copied to N30:0. Where will this transfer of data configured? I have never setup the Modbus comms for SLC500 PLC. Is it done by another program or the sample ladder provided by prosoft for the module? I can not seem to open the sample ladder to have a look in it as the PLC is on different server. I have attached the sample ladder logic from prosoft so if anyone convert it in to pdf so I can have a look, that will be great. Thanks!!