FTView ME - Data Log problem

I have a similar problem ... just had to replace a failed PVP600 with new one last month. Previous PVP used a CF memory card while the new one uses an SD card.
Didn't have an SD card so I used a USB stick and config'd for PVP to use the USB.
Re-install went fine and the unit boots up properly with the original MER file, but the trends won't populate with anything other than real-time data.
Any suggestions?

Problem with dataloging...FTView Studio

Good afternoon colleagues
I have a problem with Datalog files.:confused:
Historical data is written to the Data Log Models server FT view. Recently, there was a glitch, some variables become not write in Float.DAT, and String.DAT. I create a new Data Log, the same thing.
What could be, where to look?
I would not want to format the server.

datalog.png

I had the same issues as many described here. The data log model was setup properly and the trend would only display real time data. In fact it was all working fine until I made some changes and downloaded to the Panelview using a new filename.

I tried deleting the files that I had setup to the custom logging path "\My Documents" but the runtime Information screen kept indicating "Cannot create a file when that file already exists." and "MODEL Datalog:NOT Started"

There is a knowledge base entry for this: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/510918

You will have to delete the log files in the \Windows\Log directory. I didn't think this was created since I had chosen my own custom directory in the datalog model paths dialog. Using the delete log files option when downloading the .mer will not delete these files.

Once I did this the historical trend started working again.

Last edited: