Allen-Bradley RIO

atgroff

Doing a project with RIO and have my program wrote and my panels prewired. Some circumstances have changed and I might be able to add another section of RIO to simplify the wiring.

A brief description of what I have:

Main rack with RIO Scanner - which goes to the next rack
Logical Rack 0 Group 0 3/4 Rack - goes to
Logical Rack 1 Group 0 1/2 Rack - goes to
RIO PanelView Logical Rack 3 Group 0 Full Rack

What I need to is add a new RIO rack between the Main Rack and the 1st RIO rack, but I do not want to go back and change all the addresses in my program and rewire my panels. This is what I would have after adding the new RIO rack:

Main rack with RIO Scanner - which goes to the next rack
Logical Rack 2 Group 0 3/4 Rack - goes to
Logical Rack 0 Group 0 3/4 Rack - goes to
Logical Rack 1 Group 0 1/2 Rack - goes to
RIO PanelView Logical Rack 3 Group 0 Full Rack

Will this work or am silly for even thinking that?

It shouldn't matter what order the connection is in as long as you follow AB's specifications for wiring and termination. (I'm assuming the 1/2 and 3/4 rack addressing will work).

The wiring topology doesn't matter at all; only the logical rack settings affect where the data goes in SLC scanner memory.

Go ahead !