RSLinx and yellow question marks.

johnmac

I am having issues with communicating with contrologix devices on a ethernet network. We have several SLC 505's on the same network and can see those. RSLinx was seeing all devices on the network one day and gone the next. One of my coworkers computer is seeing all devices so do not think it is a wiring issue. I am running Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack one and RSlinx 2.59 CPR 9 SR 5 and a XP virtual machine. I can go into my virtual machine with a older copy of RS linx and see all devices. What has been tried.
1. Loaded the copy of RSLinx that was on virtual machine in Win 7. Yellow question marks.
2.Uninstalled and reinstalled RSLinx 2.59. Yellow question mark.
3.Deleted two haromny files recmended to delete. Rsh and whatever the other one that is not .DLL. Yellow question mark.
4. Deleted RS Linx off virtual machine. Yellow question mark.
5.Pinged successfully.
6.Stopped RSLinx in virtual machine. Yellow question mark.
7. Installed all the EDS files for the devices. Everytime I tried to download from the device in RsLinx it kept saying newer version on system. YEllow question mark.
8. Last effort was to uninstall Contrologix and Rslinx and just reinstll Rslinx 2.59. Yellow question mark.

Devices
1756 ENBT/A
1756-L72 /B
Thanks to all for your knowledge.

Did you recently install a new version of RSLinx, RSNetworx or RSLogix 5000 on the XP virtual machine ?

Search the Forum for posts that explain the new EDS subsystem that goes with Studio 5000 v21 (and RSNetworx v21 and RSLinx 3.5x). Once you go forward you can't go back.

The yellow question marks definitely suggest that it's an identity-related (and thus EDS-related) problem.

No have not installed anything on the virtual machine in a few weeks.

On recomendation went to AB website for software compatability and everything seemed to compatable. Bumped may head all day yesterday. Came in this morning uninstalled RSLinx 2.59 did a repair on the Factory Talk Service Platform reinstalled Rslinx 2.59. Yellow question marks gone seeing all devices. Do not have any idea what solved the problems.

Thanks for kick start.