Factory Talk View SE Errors

The Plc Kid

I am trying to edit a factory talk view se application V5.10 and when i try to delete some objects and save i am getting this error.

Unable to Load Active X control for display 10-Press Parameters

Cause RsView 32/SE Idle Detect Control : Activex control not found on your computer.

Cause RsView 32/SE Idle Detect Control : CAB File Missing on the server : http://localhost/RSViewActiveXControlSetup/IdleDetectocx.CAB

Any Ideas? I have never seen this happen before.

It means what it says. For whatever reason, some VBA or object on a display is looking for an ActiveX DLL to handle (guessing) Idle state detection. Since FTView SE is basically a glorified web browser, it supports automatic installs of ActiveX components (depending on your IE Security settings too).

ActiveX installs are made by archiving a DLL file and an INF file into a CAB file, and sticking in that directory for FTView SE to find.

As I recall, since it's an ActiveX control, a instance of this control must be placed on a .gfx screen that is always running. This could be a header bar on top of the screen for example. In the grafix editor once the control is installed, you can brouse to it to place it on the FTView screen editor ActiveX toolbar. Once on the screen, you can right click on it to set the properties. There should be documentation that come with the download which explains it's operation.

From TN 48268:

1. Either create a new display or open an existing one
  2. Go to the Display Settings, select "Yes" for Cache After Displaying, check the box for Always Updating, and click OK
  3. Add the RSView32/SE Idle Detect Control to the display by going to the main menu in Studio, selecting Objects and then ActiveX Controls
  4. For RSView SE: Right click on the ActiveX object, select Property Panel, and click on the Connections tab. For RSView32: Right click on the ActiveX object, select the ActiveX Property Panel and click on the Properties tab.
  5. Interval is where you can specify the amount of time in seconds of no user input before the control changes the IdleState property. So enter a value and close the Property panel window.
  6. For RSView SE: Right click on the ActiveX Control object again and this time select ActiveX Events. For RSView32: Right click on the ActiveX control object again and select Animation > ActiveX Control > Events.
  7. Attach a command or macro to either the EnterIdleState or ExitIdleState events or both