WinXP SP2

panic mode

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what is situation with the service pack2 nowdays.
There was time when just about every big automation manufacturer
was suggesting to skip upgrade but... for how long?
Is anyone using SP2 and what software you run?

Running;
GX Developer (and GX IEC Developer)
GT Designer2
RSLogix 500
ProDesigner
QuickDesigner
EDesigner
GardenDesigner
All on SP2 with no problems, what was all the fuss about?

Rs Logix 500
Rs Logix 5
Rs Logix 5000
Rs Linx 2.43
Panelbuilder 3.82
Rs View32 6.4
Rs Networx For Dnet 5.11
Rs Networx For Cnet 5.11
S7 5.3 Sp2

No Problems With Xp Sp2

I think when SP2 first came out there were a few compatibility issues. They seem to be resolved now and I'm running SP2 with S7 v5.3 SP2, GX-Developer IEC and various other programs without any problems...

:)

I upgraded to SP2 as soon as it was available. I also have auto update turned on.

I have run
CX-Programmer 3.0,
CX-ONE,
NT support tool,
NT2S,
Step 7,
Drive wizard, both IDM and Yaskawa versions,
ContrexHost3, I had to load a special driver but no other issues with it,
ZEN-SOFT,
Winaldl,
and ULTRA MASTER. (AB servo drives)

I have a Gateway 450 running P4, 2.0G and 512MB ram. It was built for XP. My boss has the same computer and it was downgraded to WIN2000 cuz the IT guy was leary of XP. I needed one asap and Gateway initially would not down grade the OS.

CX-One, GX Developer, Actwin, Actsip, NTST4.6E, Logicmaster 90, etc, etc. No problems. I do turn off the MS fire wall though. Use Sygate.

RS 500
Directsoft 32 bit
Optocontrol
Optodispay
Eztouch
Pro E

Not a thing to report negative about SP2.