Replacing a 1746-SDN

Hi guys,

I am getting a spare 1747-SDN devicenet scanner card as spare parts for an older machine. I've never had to tinker with Devicenet on this thing - in fact, I'm still using RSLogix500 7.10 (CPR7) - so my question is this:

After reading some confusing posts at various forums, if the existing card fails, can I swap this thing directly, or does it need to be configured with RSnetworx after replacement?

Thanks,

TM

Yep, but you're going to need RsNetworx for Devicenet. Essentially you will go online w/ the existing network and grab the scanlist into a project.

As a sidenote, If you have controlnet or devicenet, make sure you have backups for these as otherwise you have to rebuild the configs in the event of failures and that can SUCK.