Recommendations for Industrial WiFi Access Points

Sorry if my post was interpreted as spam, it truly wasn’t meant to be. I didn’t mean for the additional information to come across “salesy”, just informative. I’m new over in the marketing dept here at Phoenix Contact, and reading these forums has been a great way to learn more about a wide range of applications.

The point I was trying to make was that in many wireless applications, a product is often quickly determined to be “good” or “not good” far more arbitrarily than it should be. The most accurate predictor of a successful installation is whether anyone conducted a path study for the actual land topology before any product from any vendor was purchased.

It seems that a lot of our customers don’t know that this can be done for free. I am not sure how many other vendors offer this support, but I do know that doing so can prevent a lot of post installation headaches for everyone.

There is a tremendous amount of accumulated knowledge on a lot of different topics that I have gleaned from reading various posts on this forum and others. So when I saw this thread, I was excited as this was an area where I had a pretty useful point to add to the dialogue. I certainly didn’t mean for my exuberance for some of my new employer’s products to irritate anyone -- I just thought the point about the critical nature of the pre-purchase path study should matter to anyone looking for a radio recommendation and it didn't look like that point had been made…..

Fair enough. You have to bare in mind that most members of this forum are end users and have heard way to many "it works great right out of the box" sales pitches. Instead of posting all the service numbers , maybe just post what you think is relevant to the thread without the sales pitch.

You where correct in that a site survey should be done before any hardware is purchased and it is cool that Phoenix Contact offers that service for free but the thread was really about experiences other members have had with Wifi and what they would recommend.

Take a look at posts by the people over at Red Lion and you can get a good idea of how vendors can "Help Out".

Thanks Clay,

I appreciate the insight and suggestion. In tech support, we usually included things like direct URL's and the 800 # in emails and that was clearly a faux pas to do so here. Have a nice day.

The demand and popularity of wireless access points is increasing day by day. Therefore, it is important to use the right one for your needs. The market provides a multitude of various wireless access point solutions to different scenarios. For an Industrial purpose I would suggest Tp-Link Ac1900 Access Point, Linksys Business Ac1200. Cisco Systems 802.11ac

The demand and popularity of wireless access points is increasing day by day. Therefore, it is important to use the right one for your needs. The market provides a multitude of various wireless access point solutions to different scenarios. For an Industrial purpose I would suggest Tp-Link Ac1900 Access Point, Linksys Business Ac1200. Cisco Systems 802.11ac

You are replying to a thread that is almost 8 years old. Most of the AP's listed aren't available anymore

And the Golden Shovel Award goes to
l9DucBd.png
Kashishkarkal!!