Can you help me?

shaarawi1984

Hi;

Could anyone help me how to write suitable rung in PLC ladder diagram for analog input?

Knowing that I use RSLogix5000 software, please if you can show me the rung it will be better for me, since I am beginner in this field

Thank you very much

For alarming:
GRT Analog_Input Alarm_Setpoint OTE Alarm_bit

Of course I have no idea if that is what you wanted. Please be more specific.

something like this? ...

analog_rung.JPG

if you give us more information, we can try to give you better answers ...

hope this helps ...

sorry, the idea may be not clear from my first message, what I need for example is when the tank level in the middle, then I need a rung in RSLogix5000 which will fill a half of the tank in operator PC using SCADA, via Ethernet, knowing that I use RSLinx, and RSView32.

I prepare the required page in RSView32, and do what I understand about RSLinx, but the missing ring is the suitable rung that I should use in RSLogix5000

Sorry again because first message was not specific, and thanks for your reply.

Ron Beaufort reply gives me an idea that I can use it in my project for another application, thank you very much.

Greetings shaarawi1984,

I’m not sure that I fully understand your question ... but maybe this will help ...

tanklevel.JPG

in most cases, you do NOT need a separate rung in the ControlLogix program to show a tank filling and draining ... you can usually just “link” a tag in RSView to the appropriate tag in the ControlLogix ... when the value in the ControlLogix tag increases or decreases, so does the value in the RSView tag ...

if this is not what you’re looking for, please give us more details ... we’ll try again ... good luck ...

Really thank you very much Mr. Ron Beaufort, for two reasons; the first one is for your fast reply, and the second one because this is exactly what I need in my project.

After your valuable message, can I write the following rung in RSLogix5000 to represent the example you send it in the previous reply?

Local:1.I.ch0Data Tank_Level_Tag
|------] [----------------------------------( )--------|

and in RSView32 I will use the tag (Tank_Level_Tag) when programming the movment of the tank level, is this correct?

Thank you

Really thank you very much Mr. Ron Beaufort, for two reasons; the first one is for your fast reply, and the second one because this is exactly what I need in my project.

After your valuable message, can I write the following rung in RSLogix5000 to represent the example you send it in the previous reply?

Local:1.I.ch0 Data Tank_Level_Tag
|------] [----------------------------------( )--------|

and in RSView32 I will use the tag (Tank_Level_Tag) when programming the movment of the tank level, is this correct?

Thank you

the spacing between Local:1I.ch0 Data (should be in the input side) and, Tank_Level_Tag (should be in output side) is not clear in previous two replies.

no, you don’t really NEED a rung at all ... when you set up the tag in RSView, just tell it that you want to link your TANK_LEVEL_TAG to the proper address/tag which ALREADY EXISTS in the ControlLogix ... in simplest terms, you will just be linking/tying/connecting/associating the tag in RSView with the proper tag in ControlLogix ... you shouldn't need a new tag in the ControlLogix ... and you shouldn't need a new rung at all ...

going further ... IF (big IF) you needed to do the operation shown in your latest rung, it would be more like this:

ANALOGRUNG1.JPG

the problem with the rung you posted is that the XIC and OTE instructions that you used will only work with bits/BOOLs ... specifically, those types of “one” or “zero” instructions can’t properly interpret or control the larger “analog” type values that we’re dealing with here ...

once again, if I understand your question correctly, then you do NOT need a rung inside the ControlLogix at all ... try setting up your “tank level” without the extra rung ... if that doesn’t work, then come back for more help ...

again, I wish you luck ...

Last edited:
In this message I don't know how could I thank you Mr. Ron Beaufort. your messages and replies are exactly represent what I need, and in which way I saw the process.

your last reply is what I need exactly, thank you very very much for your help.

Also, the message from bobwithdana is very important, because I face the (CPT) function block, but I did not see any application for it before now, so it make it easier to understand its function.

Hello;

I have a question related to bobwithdana reply yesterday, when I tried to create an analog module, and go to controller tags, I saw something like the second picture in his message, but I did not understand what is the meaning of the extensions appears with tag like (MIN_SCALED,HH_ALM_SP) and how we can use them and why. Can I used them in alarm status as when the level of the tank is very high, or very low then a specific indicator on the screen, or an alarm message will appear in alarm bar in RSView32 for example?

Do you know where I could find more information about this field?

Thank you very much