OT-Temp Switch and Probe

Bob O

I’m looking information on the items shown in the attached pictures.

I haven’t seen these temperature probes before and there isn’t any identification on them.

I also can’t locate information on the temperature switches in the other picture.
This system is controlling immersion heaters in heavy oil storage tank.

TIA for any help.

Temp Switch.jpg Temp Probe.jpg

Or you could get rid of the dinosaurs you are using and upgrade to 21st century tech, by using something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/RANCO-ETC-111000-Digital-Temperature-Control/dp/B0015NV5BE

I use these on my refrigeration cabinets and walk-ins.

EDIT: I may have spoken to soon, I did not look at your second photo until after I posted this. If your probes are emurssed in a liquid this device is probably not what you would want to use.
Also after looking harder at your 1st picture it looks like you are switching line voltage and may need a much larger amperage rating on your switch contacts, this device i believe is only good up to 10 amps but it does have 2 sets of dry relay contacts that can be configured to operate at separate set points

BCS

810H57NKlcL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Good practice calls for fastening a gas-actuated bulb in the thermowell. The photos show the sensor bulbs in the thermowells with no split nut or union connector, but maybe that slotted screwhead is holding the bulb in place.

If the bulb comes out of the thermowell, the indicated temperature is a-m-b-i-e-n-t, not whatever is supposed to be measured. Most likely temperature will be below setpoint, so the thermostat will call for heat. And more heat. And more heat because the bulb can not respond being out of the thermowell.

Reotemp_bulb_connections.jpg

Weiss_sliding_union_connector.jpg

Make sure the bulb is fastened to the thermowell.

Thanks Guys!

Feeling a bit like a dumba$$ about now that I didn't figure it out but life goes on.
I now have something to go on.

yep danfoss and several others in the HVAC business has these still.
and grainger and honeywell (yours is original a honeywell)