Writing to HMI Tags in VBA (FactoryTalk View SE)

phuz

Is this example really the easiest way to write to an HMI tag in VBA?
I've been playing with this for a couple hours and so far this is the only thing I can get to actually work.

Code:
Public WithEvents MyGroup As TagGroup
Public oTag As Tag

Private Sub Display_AnimationStart()
Set MyGroup = Application.CreateTagGroup(Me.AreaName)
MyGroup.Add ("MyHMITag")
Set oTag = MyGroup.Item("MyHMITag")
oTag.Value = 0
End Sub

Even in IFIX this can be accomplished with a single line of:
writevalue 1, "Node.tagname.F_CV"

That's actually about the best, neatest, most streamlined version of "how to write a tag in FTView SE with VBA" I've seen yet (y)

I was looking for a way to write to tags and also how to in a popup with parameters and found the ExecuteCommand function. It seems to work.

Code:
Private Sub Button_Released()
    Dim TagName As String
    Dim sCmd As String

TagName = Me.TagParameters(1)

sCmd = "Toggle {" & TagName & "}"
    Me.Application.ExecuteCommand sCmd
End Sub