Logix 5000 First Scan Bit

russrmartin

I know that to get the first scan bit out of a CL5000 processor, you need to use a GSV. But that is as far as I get. I cannot find the actual first scan object. Can anyone tell me where to get this, or post a screen shot of a GSV in which they got this bit? Thanks.

Russ

Gerry is right. Browse the on-line help for "Monitoring Status Flags". You'll find several S: flags, such as S:C for carry, S:N for negative result and S:MINOR for detection of minor faults, besides S:FS for first scan.

Kind regards,

Thanks guys! I was wondering about that, too!
Especially since the "power-up" routine is exactly that. Don't expect the power-up tasks to get executed unless you unplug the controller. Switching from Program to Run doesn't do it.

AK