rsview studio application retore error

Hi there, has anyone encountered the following message when trying to restore a .apa file in RS View application manager:
"Unable to restore application...... Please check that:
there is sufficient disk space
the applocation is not open elsewhere
the destination application does not already exist"

I do not have any of the suugested probelms in the computer. Someone did menton to me that this problem could be as a result of incorrect installation sequence of the rsview, but I have followed the installation procedures on disk.

Please help!

Thank you very much Praveen Kumar. Your solution has fixed a problem i was cracking my head on for the last couple of days.

regards,

I am having the same issue as stated above. I have tried renaming the file to 8 characters, and no spaces but still get the "unable to restore" alarm. Anyone have any other ideas? Should I try deleting and re- installing?

-Joel

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]You should have support with the SE/ME purchase. I have never posted a answer from the knowledgebace before. I am sure I will learn if I did wrong.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Problem:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]When trying to restore an APA file, the following error occurred:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Unable to restore the application tree from <application and path>, please check that there is sufficient disk space, the application is not open else where, the destination application does not already exist."

Solution:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Verify that RSLinx Enterprise is installed in your computer and it is the correct[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]version number for the version of RSView Studio being used. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]In the Start Menu, go to the Control Panel-->Add or Remove Programs...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]RSLinx Enterprise should be listed under the "Currently Installed Programs"

If RSLinx Enterprise is not installed:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Access the setup.exe in your RSView Machine Edition Installation CD [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Select "Install RSView Machine Edition" [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Select "Install RSLinx Enterprise"[/FONT]
If RSLinx Enterprise is not the correct version uninstall RSLinx Enterprise then follow the above steps to install the correct version.

I just read this answer, Can't believe it would help anyone.
I had a huge argument about SE with our local rep and stated a huge list of SE problems. Please explain what goes wrong where and when. I might be able to help. It might be as simple as shutting down service, or re-boot.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I Keep editing, sorry, but my hot coals lit up again. When I made reference to ME and SE she told me they were the same platform and what I was saying couldn't be true. (she must know the product well lol) She told me to make the list and she would address each. When I call back with my list I learned she was gone... don't know in what manor. Sorry for going off topic. I last worked for an AB super user like 200 to 500 CLX's and versa views a year I left my desk while they installed the new software. I changed to a steel co that is just starting to do total control It is so fun developing these things. We are going to be a good/wanted AB customer. I wish they would totally support what might become big money for them even if they are not now.[/FONT]

Last edited:
A proceedure problem does exist. I would suggest that if you want to install HMI developement software that you would select to install the RSLinx Enterprise server for that HMI or, perhaps you could not validate your license. I would think there are alot of people scrambling for that pass around copy disk, good luck.

Smoke thanks, I knew about the RSlinx enterprise problems. I thought the technote may have some other magic answer.....

This is a customers machine, and I have checked they do have Linx enteprise running (correct version).

I will look further into problem when I get back on site.

Bitmore I am not scrambling for any disk........and never do.

thanks

hazey

Additional Oportunities, If you have access to a copy of the original program directory.

Create a new project, give it a quick bogus name.
As soon as you enter a character, Note that the "Import" button becomes available.
Click that and browse to the original program directory.
In the Root of the original project directory select the "*.MED" file that represents the project you want to restore.

Hope this helps, twas pulling my hair out....